Eastbourne Friends of the Earth – Treasurer
Friends of the Earth inspires solutions to environmental problems, which make life better for people. Our group has a strong record of successfully campaigning on local and national environmental issues and we are currently seeking to revive the group’s campaigning activity.
To support this activity, we are looking for a Treasurer to manage the group’s accounts.
- Ensure financial records are up to date
- Balance the accounts at end of each quarter
- Keep a record of group income and expenditure, including membership subscriptions, room hire etc
- Present a financial report at the Annual General Meeting
- Act as joint signatory on the group’s bank account
Key skills or requirements:
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- IT literate – knowledge of spreadsheets/excel desirable
- Willing to become a member of Eastbourne Friends of the Earth and support the activities and development of the group.
- Supportive of the Friends of the Earth agenda, and generally aware and concerned about environmental issues
This is a crucial role in ensuring the health and sustainability of the group, which should take approximately 1 hour a month.
It is an unpaid post, but agreed expenses pertaining to work for the group will be refunded. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and skills, meet like-minded people, and learn more about environmental issues.
Interested? Then contact Andy Durling on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01323 460338 or 07402321382.